Tuesday, March 13, 2012

Greatest Time Waster of My Generation?

When I started this blog, a friend told me that the secret to success as a blogger is sticking with it.  “You’ve gotta keep blogging,” he told me, and added, “The easiest way to set yourself apart from 99% of bloggers is to just keep at it.”  That sounded easy enough.   I guess I thought that there would be some sort of magical correlation between my prodigious free time, on the one hand, and my blogging productivity, on the other.   Nyet!  As it turns out, sticking to blogging has less to do with time and more to do with discipline.  I think Annie Leibovitz claims to be the greatest time-waster of her generation.  Maybe I’m mine.  Doubt it?  Consider what kind of person could have written this paragraph.  Still doubtful?  Consider what kind of person would feel productive for having posted this paragraph to his blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment